Out latest St Michael's team to Haiti is nearly ready for departure this coming Monday morning and we're excited to be leaving for a chance to serve where He leads us!
Thanks to our many supporters, we have a full set of double suitcases (12 for the six of us) filled with medical and personal care supplies for the various mission settings we minister within. Here's a few shots from our Packing Party last Sunday where we squeezed over 500 pounds of your donations into 12 bags!
We will be wheels up early Monday morning, arriving in Haiti late afternoon for our week of serving the "least among us". On our itinerary are a variety of places:
- Cite Soleil slum visits delivering water
- Several orphanages including a field trip with them to the beach!
- General Hospital's pediatric ward
- Hospitals for Sick and Dying - adults and children
- Elder care home visits in Titanyen
- Touring Grace Village in Titanyen, home of orphans, a church, a school, a clinic and an aquaponics garden!
- Worshiping with our Haitian Brothers and Sisters.
Now Your Challenge: Please pray for our team as it serves in these settings. Pray for God to provide us with special needs that we can meet and ways in which we can show His love. Pray for our team members to impact the people we meet and be impacted by the people and situations we face together.
We intend (wifi willing) to blog each night (after 9pm your time) with the day's activities and some pictures representing our day. Please pass along this website to anyone interested so they can keep up with us firsthand.
To God Be The Glory!