Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I refuse...

Words cannot express the excitement I have to serve God and share His love with the people of Haiti. Since learning about Healing Haiti at Sunday School, the inequities in life have astonished me. Observing the children's extreme poverty, yet joyful hearts, I feel moved by the Holy Spirit to reach out and serve them in some way.
I have always felt an urging to go on a Mission Trip, and now it is for real. I have been checking off the items on my "to do" list to prepare, got my immunizations, and even took my first malaria pill today. I am reading my missions workbook and trying to ready myself as best as I can. I have the supplies I need, or what I think I need anyway, and am happy to share my excitement with others. In addition to sharing the trip with Crosswalk Sunday School, Christian Mom's Fellowship and my family and friends, I have even begun a collection at my children's public school to gather supplies for the Haitian children. God is good!
That said, it is really starting to set in that we are leaving in less than 2 weeks... 12 days to be exact. The anxious thoughts have been hitting me a little harder and I run these verses over and over in my head, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4: 6-7 and "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4: 13
Then, this morning in the car, as I am driving to my mom's group at church, this song came on the radio. It really spoke to me and what I was feeling at that very moment. I just wanted to share this song with you, if you haven't already heard it. "I Refuse" by Josh Wilson. I have attached a link to the music video.
He says,
"I don't want to live like I don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
Oh, I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
I could choose not to move
But I refuse!"
I know that God is calling us to be His hands and feet and serve the least among us, we are to be His ambassadors and share His good news. Today, please feel peace, and know that I am praying for our team members, families and friends to feel both calm and excited in anticipation of our upcoming journey!
God will not call us to do something without also giving us the tools to do it!
Have a Blessed Evening,

No comments:

Post a Comment