Monday, September 19, 2011

Psalm 121

I am moved by the Spirit to do more than to simply live the life I have been given.
I have been immensely blessed, and so I ask the Lord, "What more
can I do to bless others? How can I help you, God?"
This is truly something that He has transformed in me within the last
year or so. I quickly dismissed Him and His prompting at first. I wasn't
sure what it was that kept stirring from within me. Then over time it became clear.
Now, I think I get it! He's trying to get my attention. He's breaking my heart
so that I can feel the hurt of others. He's molding it and shaping it to be a tool
for Him.

So as we're about to embark on this amazing and God given opportunity
to love and serve His people, I realize how excited, and yet, how very nervous
I am. But the Lord has been with me every step of the way. He heard my fears in my prayers to Him yesterday and in the thoughts that have consumed my mind for
the last week.

Today He clearly spoke to me, saying:

The Lord protects you;
the Lord is a shelter right by your side.
The Lord will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.
He will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.

Psalm 121:5, 7-8

He is my shield as I serve Him.

Blessings and His peace to you all,
Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment