Friday, July 11, 2014

Another Beautiful Day! Water Truck & Grace Village


Another beautiful day here in Haiti! Today we started off the day with more visits to Cite Soleil with the water truck. We were welcomed with bright smiling faces from the beautiful Haitian children. There is no feeling like it when holding these beautiful children and their love and compassion is incredible. Today I, Katie, was tired and extremely dirty from carrying children and water buckets... and as I was walking back to the Tap Tap to continue to our next water stop, one child stopped me. He pointed to my dirt stained shirt and set down his bucket of water in all of the chaos around us. He then continued to dip his hands in his bucket of water, that he was carrying home to drink, and tried his best to wipe off the dirt on my shirt. I stood there, amazed at his compassion and kindness. The Haitians we have met have opened their hearts and homes to us everywhere we go.
 It has been an amazing experience and especially to be able to be here with my mom. As we walk through the streets with children surrounding us, we are able to communicate through not only hugs but a little bit of my mom's high school French class is coming in handy as well. It is amazing how we are able to communicate with these kids and how they ask if she is my mom. My mom is able to respond in French that she is my mother and I am her baby. I love watching her show them the love that I have always had.
Later in the day, we were able to visit Grace Village, a little slice of heaven here in Haiti. It is an amazing complex that Healing Haiti has built over the years for orphaned children, which now has a medical and dental clinic that we were able to tour today. It overlooks the beautiful blue Caribbean Ocean. We have the opportunity to take children from a different orphanage to the beach tomorrow, should be a fun day!
This week has been such a blessing to all of us and our little family here in Haiti. There are not words to describe some of the experiences we have had, but we look forward to sharing our stories with you all! :-)

God bless!!!

Nancy & Katie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment