Thursday, July 10, 2014

Three Words


Haiti is nothing like I ever imagined, it is amazingly beautiful but at the same time it is so heartbreaking. While being in Haiti these past few days there have been three words that have really hit me hard; love, joy, and faith. I have learned to love unconditionally and that a little bit of love can go a long way. Seeing the children in the streets of Cite Soleil and at the orphanages come up to me with their arms spread apart just waiting for my love and affection has showed me that no matter how little you have or how hard your life may be, you can always show love and be loved. The joy that these children show on their face, even when they have pretty much nothing and are living in shacks is unbelievable to me. Sometimes at home in America we get so caught up in materialistic things, and how well we are doing in our sports or in school, we forget to be joyful and thankful for all the things God has provided for us and how lucky we really are. The last word, faith, is probably the most important to me. Faith is knowing that God will provide for you and that everything will be okay. The people here in Haiti must have so much faith in God just to get through their day. They have to have faith that He will provide them a place to sleep, food to eat, and clean water to drink. It was so hard for me to leave the little kids in the middle of the street in Cite Soleil, and to leave the kids at the orphanages because I have no clue what is going to happen to them in the future. But, with God all things are possible and I know that he has an amazing plan for each and every one of us. Haiti has really changed me and my perspective on life. The children I've held and talked to will always have special place in my heart. I can honestly say I am so happy that I came on this trip and I've become so much closer with God. I am so excited to come back!

-Gabby
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment