Thursday, September 13, 2012

God Has Called, He Knocked and I am Listening...


Hello, my name is Mikell. I am very honored and blessed that I can join the St Michael's team. This will be my first trip to Haiti. I had been asked to make a trip in August to Haiti several years ago. It would have been with my sister,Alyn, but the week she chose was the week I would be moving my oldest daughter into college, one of those milestones a mother keeps track of. Alyn and I spoke about it and I would be able to make another trip with her. Unfortunately I was not able to go with Alyn. But this year I was called. In January I found out that my company that I had worked for for 7 years was selling and the doors would would shut. Perfect, When its done I will go to Haiti, I will have the time. I watched the Healing Haiti site and saw that the weekly trips were booking up for the year. I still did not have an end date from work. In April I got the news, at the end of June we would be closed. In June I was on facebook, something I do not spend a lot of time at, and I visited my friend Margie's page, we grew up together, there she was in Haiti with children. I “liked” her picture and commented” You went to Haiti without me- It is time for me to go and see what Alyn and Jeff have started.” Soon after, I received a call from Margie, she said how amazing we were talking in Haiti that you needed to come. By the way I an leading a group that is going in September. I asked what days in September. I happen to be a Director of a weekend Girl Scout camp on Sept 14 – 16th. I have been doing this for 5 years and we plan all year long. Margie told me that we would be leaving on September 17th thru the 24th. At that moment I knew I could not say NO, Alyn's birthday is September 17th. I called my family and they agreed I needed to go. Is it Fate or maybe God politely pushing me, knocking on the door to see if I answer him. I believe a little of Alyn too. God has called, he knocked, I am listening – show me the way.
Mikell Nestaval

No comments:

Post a Comment