Thursday, September 13, 2012

Packing for Haiti on Tuesday


I was overwhelmed with the outpouring of support for our trip to Haiti that is coming in just a few short days.  I walked into our Fellowship Hall and met piles and piles and piles of supplies!  What a blessing it was to have so many things donated from so many giving families for this trip.  Our biggest problem became fitting all of the items into the bags that would be carried on the trip.  A great problem to have.  There was an energy and excitement that was so very tangible in that room on Tuesday as the ten members of this trip organized the supplies, laughed, ate pizza and got to know each other just a bit better.  We all knew that in a few very short days we would be away from the comforts of our lives in Minnesota, away from our families, and in a very different place.  Knowing that the Lord will be using us in ways that we can't begin to imagine or plan for is an exciting thing and I believe everyone is ready to go do God's work!

Several people have asked me in the past few weeks if I am looking forward to the trip.  I really am.  I know I will enjoy the fellowship of the seven other men and two women that I will share this trip with.  But that is not what I am primarily looking forward to.  I am looking forward to helping where God leads me to help.  To give a hug where God wants someone hugged.  To pray over someone that God wants prayed over.

I am looking forward to doing God's work.  I can't wait for Monday, September 17!

written by Rick Jones

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you on this trip, Rick, and to the rest of the fine crew! I am touched by your heart and your spirit as you embark on this journey. God's peace.

    In Him,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Tom. I'll be there with you in spirit, as I'm not going to arrive now until January some time. Maybe we can update the old Jewish phrase to read: "Next year in Port-au-Prince!" Have a great trip, and do some good minister-ing!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete