Sunday, September 23, 2012

Remember

Written by Rick Jones

This team will be back in Minnesota in just a little over 24 hours.  Monday is consumed with travel from our experience here in Haiti back to the lives and families that we put on pause for a week.  In our discussion tonight I shared my wish to be able to bottle the experiences and emotions of the week and allow them to come back to Minnesota without being diluted over time. 

God presented to this team over the course of a single week the desperate need of many who need to be provided food and drink but are forgotten by so many more.  God presented homes of parentless children who are starved for health and love.  But God also presented the light and hope of the Healing Haiti organization and how it is serving God's purpose in steps that are beginning to become strides. 

My wish is to bottle what God layed on my heart this week so that I can open it up when life pulls me back into the world of mixed up priorities to remind me of what God wants us to do.  It was a privilege to serve the beautiful and gracious people of Haiti and help in small ways that I did.  I hope to remember those who I met, those who I shared this trip with and the impact that God had on me.

Matthew 25: 34-36.

No comments:

Post a Comment